As part of my Degree I have been asked to put on an exhibition with a group of fellow photographers at the start of December. I am in a team of 5, with each member producing their own body of work to be displayed.
To start our project we were asked to come up with one word which we could describe all our projects together. After talking as a group about each of our initial ideas for the project, I came up with the idea of 'interaction'. As a number of members from the group wanted to do projects which involved models/people interacting with various environments.
The next decision was the venue, which as a group we decided we wanted something with a 'derelict' and 'rustic' theme. Once these main decisions were made we each went off and began our research and started to come up with ideas for what we each wanted.
Some of the ideas I came up with included:
- Fundraising; greeting cards, bake sale, outdoor cinema, spa day, photo competition etc.
- Venues; local pubs/cafes, Gunwharf, historic dockyard, pop up shops, Southsea castle etc.
Each member of the team then began emailing venues, trying to secure a location for the exhibition. We then had a meeting to discuss progress and how to move forward.
Some key points from the meeting:
- (Natasha) A fundraising team had offered to help raise funds - emailed again with more questions to what was involved.
- (Natasha) Received email with possible venue, viewing to be booked.
- (Bake sale) Date agreed to do sale, each team member making different cake to sell.
- (Dan) Logo, initial ideas to begin, should be completed following week. Possible sponsorship opportunity.
- (Lucy) Speaking to CCI TV, possibility to advertise.
- (Myself) Start designing greeting cards to raise funds, risk assessment for bake sale.